Facebook can now be used as a money transfer machine to send or receive money from your facebook friends online. Sending money for a friend, whether it’s for a movie, dinner or gift is just getting easier with this new facebook update. In this post i will show you how to send money through facebook. It’s just easier as uploading an image. All you need is the Facebook messenger app and a US based credit or debit card. Yes, this facility is only available for US facebook users now and will be expanded shortly.
Facebook has already told months before that they will introduce this system shortly and made it as they promised. Facebook won’t charge you to send or receive money in Messenger. This feature is free for everyone who can use it. As the money transfer service is completely inside the facebook messenger app and there is no other payment gateway the transaction is 100% secure and money transfer through facebook will be a successful venture in the coming days because of its easiness and credibility.
Are you eligible to send or receive money through Facebook Messenger?
You can send or receive money in Messenger if you and your facebook friend:
Live in the United States
Are at least 18 years old
Add a debit card issued by a US bank to your accounts
Set your preferred currency to US dollars
Aren’t disabled from sending or receiving money on Facebook
How to add a Debit Card for Facebook Money transfer in Messenger?
Adding a debit card is ten times easier than shopping online and you can send the money just like sending a message or an emoji. I will show you how to add a debit card to send money through facebook instantly.
- Download the latest Facebook Messenger App from Google play store or update your installed app.
- After installation, open it and Go to Settings
- Tap on Add Card andenter your card details like Card number, CVV and expiration date.
- Make sure that your debit card is saved after adding it.
- That’s it. Now you have successfully added your debit/credit card for successful facebook money transfer.
- Once you add a debit card, you can create a PIN to provide extra security the next time you send money.
How to Send Money through Facebook messenger
We have done adding our card successfully and now its time to send money to one of our friend. To do this follow the below steps.
- To send money through Facebook Messenger start a message through to your facebook friend.
- Tap on the dollar ($) sign that is right to the stickers option in the messenger below the text box.
- Tap Pay on the top right to pay for your friend instantly.
- Wait for a few seconds and confirm that your payment has made successfully. See the image below
See the video below to get a clear picture on how to send money through facebook messenger
How to decline money someone sent me in Messenger?
You can only decline money someone has sent you if you haven’t added a debit card issued by a US bank to your account.
To decline money someone has sent you:
- Open the conversation containing the money someone sent you
- Tap Add Card
- Tap Decline Payment at the bottom
How to view the Payment History of your Transaction in Facebook Messenger
- Open Facebook messenger and to view payment history,
- Tap on Settings and Tap payments
Below Payment History, tap the dollar amount next to the person you sent money to or received money from.
Facebook Money Transfer is the most Secure Payment Network
A dependable and trustworthy payment processor for game players and advertisers since 2007, Facebook processes over 1,000,000 transactions daily on the positioning and additionally handles all the payments processed on Facebook messenger.
Incorporating security best practices into our payments business has continuously been a prime priority. We use secure systems that encrypt the connection between you and Facebook as well as your card information when you ask us to store it for you. We use layers of software and hardware protection that meet the highest industry standards. These payment systems are kept in a secured environment that is separate from other parts of the Facebook network and that receive additional monitoring and control. A team of anti-fraud specialists monitor for suspicious purchase activity to assist keep accounts safe.
The first time you send or receive cash in messenger, you’ll got to add a Visa or MasterCard debit card issued by a United States bank to your account. Once you add a Visa or Master card debit, you’ll produce a PIN to supply further security ensuing time you send cash. On iOS devices you’ll additionally change Touch ID. As always, you’ll add another layer of authentication to your account at any time.
The new payments feature is rolling go in the approaching months within the United States across Android, iOS, and desktop.
Hope you have read and liked this post. I request you to please share and comment on this post so that i can make my future posts more beautiful.
Like our facebook page and subscribe to our newsletter to get instant updates delivered right to your inbox.