The introduction of Lenovo A6000 has brought a major impact on the smartphone sale of the brand Lenovo. Lenovo A series was accepted by many of the smartphone lovers because it has got astonishing features like 4G Support, Dolby Digital Sound System and Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 processor. Though the smartphone is better by its price, it has introduced before the arrival of Android 5.0 Lollipop OS and therefore it lack the same.
But Lenovo had recently introduced the OTA update of Android 5.0.1 lollipop to its A6000 and plus users. Even though this ROM doesn’t came up to the mark, you can try installing this update and check for yourself.
How to Manually Update Lenovo A6000/Plus to Android 5.0 Lollipop
Same like any other android phone the steps are pretty simple. To install On-The-Air update you need to follow the below steps.
- Make sure that your smartphone has a minimum charge of 70% so that we can avoid any interruption.
- The update is almost 1GB so that data pack must be greater than this or a wifi connection is recommended.
- Go to Settings -> About Phone ->System Updates
- You will see an option like Update your OS, click on it and ensure that it starts downloading
- Keep your phone still for half an hour so that the update is fully finished.
- After downloading the update, the phone will auto restart.
- After that you can enjoy the features of latest Android 5.0 lollipop in your lenovo A6000/Plus.
Even the company has brought a major lollipop update for Lenovo A6000 and lenovo A6000 plus it has got several bugs and errors like overheating and all. Since Lenovo is a chinese based company people are suspecting that the latest android lollipop update brought by the company is loaded with botwares that can send anonymous messages to the manufacturer without the knowledge of the user.
Custom Android Lollipop 5.0.2 ROM for Lenovo A6000/Plus
To escape from this vulnerabilities i had found a better, stable lollipop ROM for lenovo A6000 and plus users.
This ROM also works pretty well in Lenovo K3 note since we had tested it and found no errors. Your device should be rooted in order to install Custom ROM on your android phone.
I’ll be posting the tutorial on how to root your android phone shortly, until then please google on ‘how to root lenovo a6000?’
Requirements for Custom ROM Installation
- Rooted Android Device
- Clockwork mod should be installed
- Custom Lollipop ROM for Lenovo A6000 – You can download it below
- Back up all your data like SMS, Contacts and Apps (For safety)
How to install Custom Android ROM
- First, Download the Android Lollipop 5.0.2 ROM
- Copy the downloaded ROM to your SD Card.
- Restart your phone and enter into Clock work mod
- Choose ‘Install ZIP from SD card‘
- Select the ROM file you’ve just downloaded
- The installation will start automatically.
Allow up to half an hour for the installation to complete, After the installation the phone will auto restart
Now enjoy the new android lollipop 5.0.2 in your lenovo a6000.
Also Read: Top 3 ways to Hide any Folder or file in Android easily
How To Root Lenovo A6000 And Install CWM Recovery
a) Minimal ADB And Fastboot
b) CWM Recovery Image
c) Lenovo A6000 Rooting Kit
How To Install CWM Recovery In Lenovo A6000:
1) To get started, download Minimal ADB and Fastboot, and install it in your computer. Once done, download the CWM recovery image and save it in the directory where you have installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot (usually it will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot).
2) After that, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers of your device already, then the device will get connected to the computer successfully.
3) Next, go to the folder where the Minimal ADB and Fastboot program is installed (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot), hold shift and right-click on an empty space and select “Open Command window here” option. A command window will open up.
4) Now, enter the following command to check whether your device is recognized by the computer:
If you see a device ID, then your device is connected successfully.
5) Now, enter the following command to boot into your device bootloader:
adb reboot Bootloader
6) Once you see your device boot into the Fastboot mode, enter the following command to flash the CWM recovery (recovery.img):
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7) Once the recovery image is flashed, enter the following command to reboot:
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished flashing CWM recovery in Lenovo A6000. Once your device reboots, switch it off and press the Volume Down and Power Button simultaneously to boot into the CWM recovery mode. Now, let’s find out how to root Lenovo A6000 smartphone.
How To Root Lenovo A6000:
1) To get started, download Lenovo A6000 Rooting Kit and save it in your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable and transfer the Rooting kit to your device’s SD card. After successfully transferring the file, disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
2) Now, switch off your smartphone and press the Volume Down and Power Button simultaneously to boot into the CWM recovery mode.
3) Once you are in the CWM recovery mode, select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the Rooting Kit (Root-SuperSU-v2.37.zip). This will start the flashing process.
4) Once the rooting kit is successfully flashed, reboot your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted Lenovo A6000 Android device. To confirm the rooting process, go to your Apps Menu and look for SuperSU app. If it is located there (it will be there), then the rooting procedure is successfully finished. Alternatively, you can check the root privileges of your device by using the Root Checker App, which is available in Google Play store.
Must Read: How to Send PDF, APK, ZIP or any other File in Whatsapp