You own an android phone and you know almost all the techniques to operate it and how to make it your perfect companion. But why are you here? Yes you need to know to how to hide folder in android so that you can handover your smartphone to your girl friend or parents without any hesitation and can be a perfect man. This way you can hide your piece of shit from this world.
Here you are, at the right place….You are going to know the the top 3 ways to hide folder or file in android easily. It’s not at all a big deal. Anyone who has a little knowledge about android can simply do this trick. I’m gonna guide you on how to apply this trick to hide file and folder in your android so that you can save your own ass from others!!
How to Hide Folder in Android ?
When you pass your smartphone to somebody they always tend to open your Gallery first. If you got some crazy private files in your phone you’ll be trapped. We are going to find a solution for this.
1) How to hide folders and files in android without any third party application?
Every android phone must be having a file manager application that is used to access the files on your internal memory or SD card. We are gonna use our file manger application to create an android secret folder to hide folder.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP
Download MOD APKs & Get Latest Updates
- Head over to your file manager application in your android phone and choose the file or folder you need to hide.
- After choosing the right file or folder, select it and choose Rename
- Next the tricky part comes up. Rename the folder by adding a dot (.) in front of it.
- For example i have chosen the folder bluetooth and simply added a dot and renamed it like .bluetooth
- Now open your Gallery and Boom your file or folder disappeared…!!
To access the hidden folder just enable the Show hidden files option in your file manager. It might be different for each file manager (I’m showing the snapshots of my own file manager)
Note: This folder will be hidden only from your android phone and not from PC.
Also Read: How to Download Youtube Videos on Android
2) How to Hide Folders from Gallery in Android using .nomedia
The second tip has got some similarities with the first tutorial. We are going to hide a folder from gallery using a .nomedia file. You might be heard of this trick, anyway i will explain it with detail.
- Open File manager and create a New Folder.
- Move all your files that you need to hide to that new folder we just created.
- Now what you have to do is you need to create a file with an extension of .nomedia
- A .nomedia file is nothing but it has the special feature of hiding a particular folder from Gallery where it contains.
- To create a .nomedia file simply pickup a jpg image file and completely rename it with .nomedia exactly.
- Place this .nomedia file into the New folder where you have all your private files.
- Now open up your Gallery and you can see that your folder has been hidden from the Gallery.
3) Hide your Private Files and Folders in Android with an External File Manager
This is the most useful, interesting and easiest way to hide a folder or file in android. It is made possible by a File Manager application.
There are different File manager applications available in the Google Play Store including Xplore, ES File Explorer, Astro File Manager etc.
I’m using ES File Explorer for this purpose because it includes many other features other than this.
How to Hide Files or Folders in Android using ES File Explorer?
- Download ES File Explorer from Google Play store
- After Installation Open it. You’ll see something like below screenshot.
- Open your SD card and select the File or Folder you need to hide.
- Click on the 3 dots on the upper side of the ES File Explorer and there you’ll see the Hide option to hide that selected folder.
- Then your folder will be hidden. Apply the same procedure to hide a file.
- To restore the hidden files and folders. Click on Tools on the left side and choose Hide List.
- There will you see the hidden files and folders.
- Click on Restore option to restore the same.
That’s it you are all done.
I prefer this method to hide files and folders on android because file manager is the best file hider for android and it is easy and one click solution when compared to others. This method can be use to hide your android files like videos, images and anything in your android phone.
Let’s look into some features and advantages of ES File Explorer.
Features and Benefits of ES File Explorer (File Manager & File Transfer):
►File Manager: Access to your Phone SD card, External SD card and Phone Internal Storage, Manage your files just like you do on your desktop or laptop using Multiple Select, Cut/Copy/Paste, Move, Create, Delete, Rename, Search, Share, Send, Hide, Create Shortcut, and Bookmark.
►File Search: Easy to search the name, keywords, type of file, even system file.
►SD Card Analysis: Display the total disk capacity, the shared of capacity and the rest of capacity.
►App Manager: Categorize, uninstall, back up, create shortcuts to your apps and also can delete APK files
►Cache Cleaner and Auto-start Manager: Delete junk files that take up valuable storage space. The Task Manager module is required for this feature.
►Support Chromecast device and Android TV: Install ES file explorer in the Android TV, you can send your video to TV.
►File Transfer and Share: Support to share file with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and mail. Even can create Wifi-spot and share file.
►Remote File Manager: When this feature is enabled, you can manage files on your phone from your PC, Mac, Linux Server
►Archive manager: Allows you to compress and decompress ZIP files, unpack RAR files, and create encrypted (AES 256 bit) ZIP files
►Functions as an FTP and WebDAV client: Manage files on FTP, FTPS, SFTP, and WebDAV servers just like you manage files on your SD card
►Bluetooth file browser: You can copy and paste files between Bluetooth-ready devices. It supports OBEX FTP for browsing devices and transferring files between Bluetooth devices
►Kill tasks, increase memory and speed up your device: Includes a simple widget that stays on your home screen to let you know your current RAM situation and automatically kill tasks, with an ignore list to ignore the applications you want to keep running. The Task Manager module is required for this feature.
►Root Explorer: The ultimate set of file management tools for root users. Provides access to the entire file system and all data directories, and allows the user to change permissions.
This is all i have got for you. Now you have understood the method on how to hide folder in android. The files will be automatically if you hide the folder containing it. Anyway If you liked this post, keep in touch with us by either liking our facebook page downloading our android app or subscribing to our email newsletter for instant cool updates delivered right to your inbox.
how to hide folder in android,hide folder android,how to hide folder in android mobile