For the sake of all the malayalees who are using android phone, here is the most useful post you need in your smartphone life.I will show you the best malayalam keyboard for android. I know that you were searching around the internet to get an idea to type your own native language or to translate from english to malayalam so that your conversation will be more effective. With these keyboards you could easily type and then you will be able to copy & paste it in your messengers like Whatsapp or Facebook messenger.
I also live in Kerala, Ernakulam and i’m very happy to show you the best keyboards available in the internet that could help you to type malayalam easily.
Malayalam Keyboard for Android
I will be listing five different malayalam keyboard for android whch helps you to type malayalam in your android phone. You can choose a better one by going through its features and ratings in Google play store.
1) Manglish Malayalam Keyboard
Type Malayalam and English on the same keyboard. Enjoy the elegant design and aesthetic looks.
In Malayalam mode, type Malayalam words in English (Manglish) and get phonetic matches using Transliterate. To turn off Malayalam suggestions, tap on the Malayalam icon. This will let you use it as your regular English keyboard.
Install the app, set as your default keyboard and start typing. After you enter a word in English, select the correct Malayalam word from the suggestions shown. Malayalam suggestions are provided by Google and requires an internet connection.
To activate the keyboard or change settings, just click on the Manglish Keyboard icon from your apps. The settings include vibration, auto-select words, backspace to edit words etc.
What does this app do? An easy malayalam keyboard, this app allows you to type in malayalam by having your keystrokes convert English to Malayalam. It is the best malayalam keyboard keyboard, offering seamless Malayalam input and allowing typing Malayalam and English in same keyboard. Type Malayalam words by using Malayalam mode, then switch to English mode to disable Malayalam transliteration. Forget Google Malayalam Input or other Malayalam text keyboards: Manglish Malayalam Android keyboard is the keyboard to chat in Malayalam effortlessly, and for all other Malayalam typing needs!
2) Malayalam Keyboard for Android
Malayalam Keyboard for Android™ is a simple and fast Malayalam input tool for Android devices. By setting the default input method in your android device,this tool can be used in any application for typing Malayalam.
1) A unique layout with 31 keys for typing Malayalam.
2) Easy to learn layout – Malayalam letter keys are arranged in alphabetical order
3) Quick switch to qwerty and symbol keypad
4) Fully customizable symbol and Emoji Layout with built in layout Editor.
5) Unicode Character Map Support
6) Subject-wise word prediction feature – create word prediction list from websites and text files
7) Easily input koottaksharam with single tap using the scrollable koottaksharam list above the keyboard(turn off prediction).
8)Automatic Word learning feature.
9) Can also be used in devices with Android version which did not support proper Malayalam rendering.
10) Real-time Malayalam spell checker facility.
11) 7 keyboard themes with character color,size change option
1) Keys in Second last row are for selection only (Eg: On pressing ‘അ’ in second last row, letters അ to ഐ – will displayed in third row of keypad- second last rows ‘ക’ key is used for input ക to ഞ from third row and so on)
2) Use ‘ABC’ key to launch the qwerty keypad.
3) Use ‘123’ key to get the number and symbol keys.
4)Long Press Enter Key to launch Supplementary symbol keypad
5) For setting Malayalam Keyboard for Android™ as your default keyboard- Open Settings-> Language and input ->Select Malayalam Keyboard for Android as your default keyboard.
6) For adding new word to prediction database just tap on the specified word(first word in the list) displayed above the keypad.
7) Use the keyboard key(bottom left) to close the keypad or Long press on it to change default input method.
Enter characters in unicode encoding format.
1)For writing കോ [ko] use this order ക +ോ , for writing കൈ= ക+ൈ
2)For writing koottaksharam use chandrakkala for joining characters. Eg : ക്ഷ = ക+്+ഷ
3) Easy Malayalam Keyboard
മലയാളം വളരെ എളുപ്പത്തിൽ ടൈപ്പ് ചെയ്യാനായാണ് ഈ ആപ്പ് ഡിസൈൻ ചെയ്തിരിക്കുന്നത്. അക്ഷരങ്ങളെല്ലാം പല ടാബുകളിലായാണ് കൊടുത്തിരിക്കുന്നത്. മറ്റുള്ള കീകൾ കാണുവാൻ താഴെയുള്ള ഭാഗം ഇടത്തോട്ടോ വലത്തോട്ടോ സ്വൈപ്പ് ചെയ്യുക. കൂട്ടക്ഷരം ലഭിക്കുവാൻ രണ്ടക്ഷരങ്ങളുടെ ഇടയിൽ ചന്ദ്രക്കല ടൈപ്പ് ചെയ്യുക.Keys are arranged in Tabs. To see other letters, swipe left or right. To get ‘Koottaksham’ type ‘chandrakkala’ in between.
4) Ezhuth – Malayalam Writing App
– You can enter or paste text in English in given box, then press Translate
– It will translate given English text to Malayalam
– You can copy the translated Malayalam
– You can enter or paste text in Malayalam in given box, then press Translate
– It will translate given Malayalam text to English
– You can copy the translated English
Long press and drag to ‘delete icon’ on QuickLauncher to close it
5) Just Malayalam Keyboard
If you see BOXES or BLANK, your PHONE itself does NOT support Malayalam.
If you see broken Malayalam, your PHONE has partial Malayalam implementation.
Layout is simple and quick to learn. Easily related to english qwerty.
Works only if
1. Malayalam Font Installed
2. Device Complex Font Rendering.
Latest Indian firmwares support these.
More features and layouts will come soon. Report any issues or requests here or mail to email@example.com.
ആ = double tap/shift അ
കി = ക + ഇ
കീ = ക + (double tap/shift ഇ) ഈ
ഖ = double tap ക
ഋ = double tap ര [ഹൃ=ഹ്ര]
ഐ = double tap യ [കൈ= കയ്]
ഔ = double tap വ [കൌ=കവ്]
These are the 5 best malayalam keyboard for android. I willl update the list once again if any keyboard reach the top in play store. If you liked this post please like our facebook page and subscribe to our newsletter or download our android app to get instant cool updates.