Here i’m gonna list the best malayalam keyboard for android, iphone and windows. For the sake of all the malayalees who are using smartphone here is the most useful post which will help you to make your conversation more friendly and satisfying. I know that you were searching the internet to know if there is a very good way to type your own native language or to translate from english to malayalam so that your conversation will be more effective. With these keyboards you could easily type and then you will be able to copy & paste it in your messengers like Whatsapp or Facebook messenger.
I also live in Kerala and i’m very happy to show you the best malayalam keyboard available in the internet that could help you to type malayalam easily.
Have a look at my latest post malayalam movies download
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP
Download MOD APKs & Get Latest Updates
- 1 Malayalam Keyboard
- 2 Malayalam Keyboard for Whatsapp
- 3 Google Malayalam Keyboard for Iphone
- 4 Download Google Malayalam Keyboard for Android
- 5 Malayalam Keyboard for Windows
- 6 Malayalam Keyboard for iPhone
I am listing different malayalam keyboard for android, ios & windows whch helps you to type malayalam flawlessly in your android or ios smartphone. You can choose a better one by going through its features and ratings in Google play store.
1) Manglish Malayalam Keyboard
Type Malayalam and English on the same keyboard. Enjoy the elegant design and aesthetic looks.
In Malayalam mode, type Malayalam words in English (Manglish) and get phonetic matches using Transliterate. To turn off Malayalam suggestions, tap on the Malayalam icon. This will let you use it as your regular English keyboard.
Install the app, set as your default keyboard and start typing. After you enter a word in English, select the correct Malayalam word from the suggestions shown. Malayalam suggestions are provided by Google and requires an internet connection.
To activate the keyboard or change settings, just click on the Manglish Keyboard icon from your apps. The settings include vibration, auto-select words, backspace to edit words etc.
What does this app do? An easy malayalam keyboard, this app allows you to type in malayalam by having your keystrokes convert English to Malayalam. It is the best malayalam keyboard, offering seamless Malayalam input and allowing typing Malayalam and English in same keyboard. Type Malayalam words by using Malayalam mode, then switch to English mode to disable Malayalam transliteration. Forget Google Malayalam Input or other Malayalam text keyboards: Manglish Malayalam Android keyboard is the keyboard to chat in Malayalam effortlessly, and for all other Malayalam typing needs!
2) Malayalam Keyboard for Android
Malayalam Keyboard for Android is a simple and fast Malayalam input tool for Android devices. By setting the default input method in your android device,this tool can be used in any application for typing Malayalam.
1) A unique layout with 31 keys for typing Malayalam.
2) Easy to learn layout – Malayalam letter keys are arranged in alphabetical order
3) Quick switch to qwerty and symbol keypad
4) Fully customizable symbol and Emoji Layout with built in layout Editor.
5) Unicode Character Map Support
6) Subject-wise word prediction feature – create word prediction list from websites and text files
7) Easily input koottaksharam with single tap using the scrollable koottaksharam list above the keyboard(turn off prediction).
8)Automatic Word learning feature.
9) Can also be used in devices with Android version which did not support proper Malayalam rendering.
10) Real-time Malayalam spell checker facility.
11) 7 keyboard themes with character color,size change option
1) Keys in Second last row are for selection only (Eg: On pressing ‘അ’ in second last row, letters അ to ഐ – will displayed in third row of keypad- second last rows ‘ക’ key is used for input ക to ഞ from third row and so on)
2) Use ‘ABC’ key to launch the qwerty keypad.
3) Use ‘123’ key to get the number and symbol keys.
4)Long Press Enter Key to launch Supplementary symbol keypad
5) For setting Malayalam Keyboard for Android™ as your default keyboard- Open Settings-> Language and input ->Select Malayalam Keyboard for Android as your default keyboard.
6) For adding new word to prediction database just tap on the specified word(first word in the list) displayed above the keypad.
7) Use the keyboard key(bottom left) to close the keypad or Long press on it to change default input method.
Enter characters in unicode encoding format.
1)For writing കോ [ko] use this order ക +ോ , for writing കൈ= ക+ൈ
2)For writing koottaksharam use chandrakkala for joining characters. Eg : ക്ഷ = ക+്+ഷ
3) Easy Malayalam Keyboard
മലയാളം വളരെ എളുപ്പത്തിൽ ടൈപ്പ് ചെയ്യാനായാണ് ഈ ആപ്പ് ഡിസൈൻ ചെയ്തിരിക്കുന്നത്. അക്ഷരങ്ങളെല്ലാം പല ടാബുകളിലായാണ് കൊടുത്തിരിക്കുന്നത്. മറ്റുള്ള കീകൾ കാണുവാൻ താഴെയുള്ള ഭാഗം ഇടത്തോട്ടോ വലത്തോട്ടോ സ്വൈപ്പ് ചെയ്യുക. കൂട്ടക്ഷരം ലഭിക്കുവാൻ രണ്ടക്ഷരങ്ങളുടെ ഇടയിൽ ചന്ദ്രക്കല ടൈപ്പ് ചെയ്യുക.Keys are arranged in Tabs. To see other letters, swipe left or right. To get ‘Koottaksham’ type ‘chandrakkala’ in between.
4) Ezhuth – Malayalam Writing App
– You can enter or paste text in English in given box, then press Translate
– It will translate given English text to Malayalam
– You can copy the translated Malayalam
– You can enter or paste text in Malayalam in given box, then press Translate
– It will translate given Malayalam text to English
– You can copy the translated English
Long press and drag to ‘delete icon’ on QuickLauncher to close it
5) Just Malayalam Keyboard
If you see BOXES or BLANK, your PHONE itself does NOT support Malayalam.
If you see broken Malayalam, your PHONE has partial Malayalam implementation.
Layout is simple and quick to learn. Easily related to english qwerty.
Works only if
1. Malayalam Font Installed
2. Device Complex Font Rendering.
Latest Indian firmwares support these.
More features and layouts will come soon. Report any issues or requests here or mail to [email protected]
ആ = double tap/shift അ
കി = ക + ഇ
കീ = ക + (double tap/shift ഇ) ഈ
ഖ = double tap ക
ഋ = tap twice ര [ഹൃ=ഹ്ര]
ഐ = double tap യ [കൈ= കയ്]
ഔ = tap twice വ [കൌ=കവ്]
6) Google Handwriting Input
Google Handwriting Input allows you to handwrite text on your phone or tablet in 100 languages. It supports printed and cursive writing, with or without a stylus. Google Handwriting Input also supports more than a thousand emojis, so you can express yourself in any Android app.
• A useful complement to touchscreen typing or voice input
• A fun way to enter emojis by drawing
• Useful for languages that can be challenging to type on a standard keyboard
• Works across your Android phones and tablets running Android 4.0.3 and up
• If you claim your handwriting is terrible, try it out and see if it can convince you otherwise
Malayalam Keyboard for Whatsapp
The above listed keywords can be used to type malayalam in whatsapp. However, there aer some other keyboards which i’m gonna list would make the process much more easier.
Malayalam Voice to Text
Quick and easy way to convert Malayalam voice/speach/speaking to text. Forget about installing Malayalam keyboard and typing. This app will reduce your effort to type it. Just speak , the app will convert it to Malayalam text quickly.
– Option for single touch WhatsApp share
– Copy or share via any other apps.
– Floating quick ball to access this application from any screens.
– Convert even lengthy voices.
– Lightweight and easy to use.
Disclaimer : App doesn’t save or sync the voice or text it processed.
Google Malayalam Keyboard
Gboard has everything you love about Google Keyboard—speed and reliability, Glide Typing, voice typing, and more—plus Google Search built in. No more app switching; just search and share, right from your keyboard.
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
Voice typing — Easily dictate text on the go
Handwriting — Write in cursive and printed letters in 100 languages
Search and share: — Press the G to search and share anything from Google
Emoji Search — Find that emoji, faster
GIFs — Search and share GIFs for the perfect reaction.
Multilingual typing — No more switching between languages manually. Gboard will autocorrect and suggest from any of your enabled languages.
Google Translate — Translate as you type in the keyboard
Hundreds of language varieties, including:
Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Bavarian, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Burmese, Cebuano, Chhattisgarhi, Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, and others), Chittagonian, Czech, Deccan, Dutch, English, Filipino, Filipino, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hausa, Hindi, Igbo, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish, Magahi, Maithili, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Northern Sotho, Odia, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Saraiki, Sindhi, Sinhala, Somali, Southern Sotho, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tswana, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Xhosa, Yoruba, Zulu, and many more! Visit https://goo.gl/fMQ85U for the full list of languages supported
• Gesture cursor control: Slide your finger across the space bar to move the cursor
• Gesture delete: Slide left from the delete key to quickly delete multiple words
• Make the number row always available (enable in Settings → Preferences → Number Row)
• Symbols hints: Show quick hints on your keys to access symbols with a long press (enable in Settings → Preferences → Long press for symbols)
• One handed mode: On large screen phones, pin keyboard to the left or the right of the screen
• Themes: Choose your own theme, with or without key borders
How to Change Default English to Malayalam in Gboard?
- Download and install Gboard from the above link.
- After installation, open Gboard application and you will see an interface like this.
- Click on ‘Add Keyboard’ on the bottom of the screen.
- Select the language ‘Malayalam’ from the list and click on Done.
- Now you have successfully activated ‘Google Malayalam Keyboard’.
Google Malayalam Keyboard for Iphone
Gboard is the malayalam typing keyboard from Google for your iPhone, packed with features to make typing effortless. On top of GIFs, emoji search, and Glide Typing, the power of Google is at your fingertips with Google Search built in. Forget switching from app to app – just search and send, all from one place.
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Stickers – Create or share stickers to express yourself
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
Gboard for iPhone and iPad supports the following languages:
• Portuguese (Brazil)
• Portuguese ( Portugal)
• Simplified Chinese
• Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
• Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn’t send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so you can easily share. None of these queries are sent to Google.
Download Google Malayalam Keyboard for Android
Malayalam Keyboard for Windows
Malayalam Typing is a free app developed to type Malayalam language fast and easily. Unfortunately Windows Phone doesn’t provide Malayalam keyboard for its user, this app is dedicated for Great Malayalees who are interested to write Malayalam in their windows phone.
It has many features :
• Malayalam keyboard and manglish typing in single app
• Fully customizable
• Share Malayalam to popular social network and chatting messenger including WhatsApp
• Beautiful UI Design
• One hand keypad
• Keyboard Styles
• Dedicated Keys
• Many more. Just try it and you will love.
Malayalam Keyboard for iPhone
Malayalam Keyboard for iOS is the first and most complete Malayalam Keyboard layout available. This Malayalam Keyboard will be available system wide and in all applications on your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
Once installed, you must go to Setting/General/Keyboards/Keyboards/Add New Keyboard and tap on Malayalam Keyboard. This will allow the keyboard to be available for all your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch apps.
It also installs an application icon with additional features planned in the future. You don’t need use the icon to type Malayalam.
When you have a keyboard displayed, in any iOS application, press “world image” key to switch to or from Malayalam Keyboard for iOS.
Note: The word suggestion feature is planned but disabled in this release. An update will be released if and when the development is complete. This feature is still under heavy development and no release date has been set.
Malayalam is a language spoken in the state of Kerala in India.
This application requires iOS 8.0 or higher.
These are the list of best malayalam typing keyboard applications that i have found. You can select any one of them and start typing malayalam through your smartphone or computer and make comfortable conversations.
If you liked this post, keep in touch with us by either liking our facebook page , following our twitter page downloading our android app or subscribing to our email newsletter for instant cool updates delivered right to your inbox.