Are you fed up with the default file managers in your android phone? Yes, you might be! You certainly require an SD Card Manager to manage your files and folders or anything that lies in your SD card whether it be images, videos or any other file type !
The pre-installed file managers in our android smartphones will not be having the required features. The role of SD Card Manager comes here. For example if you want to hide a particular file in your SD Card, you can do it with the SD Card Manager. There are countless other uses with this applications like analyzing the space usage, cleaning the cache etc.
I will be giving you a list of SD Card manager applications that will definitely help you on your SD Card problems. Choose the best one from the below list. I have arranged it according to my priority list.
SD Card Manager for Android Phone
As i said earlier there are thousands of applications available in the name of SD Card Manager for Android but you will not be able to choose which is the perfect one for your android smartphone. So i have made this list to make you comfortable in selecting the right application.
ES File Explorer File Manager
The first one i would recommend is ES File Explorer which is the best and free application currently available in the market.
Free, Safe, Simple, Manage your files efficiently and easily with ES File Explorer (File Manager)!
ES File Explorer (File Manager) is a full-featured file (Images, Music, Movies, Documents, app) manager for both local and networked use! With over 500 million users worldwide, ES File Explorer (File Manager) helps manage your android phone and files efficiently and effectively and share files without data cost.
File Manager and Folder Manager – Powerful tools put desktop-grade features in your pocket
• Sender: Transfer apps, images, music, movies, documents, without using mobile data and cables. Support same Wi-Fi mode & auto-created hotspot.
• File Manager: Manage your files with cut, copy, paste, rename, and compress operations
• Built-in viewers and players for various file types: click to play music/videos, check image(s) and document(s)
• Built-in ZIP and RAR support: allows you to compress and decompress ZIP files, unpack RAR files, and create encrypted (AES 256 bit) ZIP files
Remote File Access – Get to your files from anywhere
• Cloud Storage: Supports Dropbox, Box.net, Sugarsync, Google Drive, OneDrive(SkyDrive), Amazon S3, Yandex and more clouds platforms
• Remote File Manager: When this feature is enabled, you can manage files on your phone from your computer
• Functions as an FTP and WebDAV client: Manage files on FTP, FTPS, SFTP, and WebDAV servers just like you manage files on your SD card
• Access your home PC: Through your smartphone via WiFi with SMB
File transfer and File Explorer
• Root Explorer: The ultimate set of file management tools for root users. Provides access to the entire file system and all data directories, and allows the user to change permissions.
• Bluetooth file browser: You can copy and paste files between Bluetooth-ready devices. ES File Explorer (File Manager) supports OBEX FTP for browsing devices and transferring files between Bluetooth devices
• Wi-Fi File transfer: Use your PC to wirelessly edit your mobile files using FTP
Library and Other – Find any and every file in seconds
• App Manager: Categorize, uninstall, back up, and create shortcuts to your apps
• SD Card Analyst: Analyze for App Associate Folder & Large Files & Recently Created Files & Redundancy Files & Duplicate Files to help save space; Detect Sensitive Permission & App Cache & Memory Usage to know your apps better
• Kill tasks with a single click, increase memory and speed up your device: Includes a simple widget that stays on your home screen to let you know your current RAM situation and automatically kill tasks, with an ignore list to ignore the applications you want to keep running. The Task Manager module is required for this feature.
• Cache Cleaner and Auto-start Manager: Delete junk files that take up valuable storage space. The Task Manager module is required for this feature.
• Smart Charge: Display SD card status, real-time new files on screen when charging
• Real-time Observer：help load recently added files in library 80% faster
X-plore File Manager
● Dual-pane tree view
● Root, FTP, SMB, Sqlite, Zip, Rar, 7zip, DLNA/UPnP explorer
● Disk Map – see which files consume most space on your disk
● Cloud storage access: Google Drive™, Dropbox, Box.net, Amazon cloud drive, Mega.co.nz, OneDrive, Webdav, ОБЛАКО.mail.ru, Yandex.disk, MediaFire, SugarSync, Dump Truck, Picasa
● SSH File Transfer (SFTP) and SSH Shell
● Music player
● App manager
● USB OTG
● PDF viewer (on Android 5.0+)
● WiFi file sharing
● Manage files from a PC web browser
● Favorite folders
● Built-in viewers for images, video, audio, text
● Hex viewer
● Fast Image viewer with zoom and slide to previous/next images
● Thumbnails for images and video as well as for various file types (depending on associated application)
● Multi-selection – always available, yet not disturbing
● View APK files as ZIP
● Share – send files by Bluetooth, email, or whatever the device supports, from any location
● Configurable buttons and key shortcuts
● Seamless work with Zip (as if it was normal folder)
SD Card Manager
SD Card manager is a free tool which helps you to easily manage files and folder in SD card.Access system files and folders. Full root access for copy, delete, move and rename. SD Card manager also supports Google Drive and Dropbox.
* High Performance.
* Browse files and folders
* Cut,copy and paste files and folders
* Create,rename and delete files
* Free space and used space information
* Install .apk application from sdcard
* Sorting of files and folders in list view.bl
* Compress and Extract
* Upload File to FTP Server.
* Run FTP Server on you android phone access Files/folders on PC, Browser and FTP Clients
* upload photos to FACEBOOK
* Share Photos, Videos, Music, Documents, Apps with your Friends and Family over Bluetooth
* Back up Application and Share Apk via Bluetooth
* Browse system folders and files.
* Search Files and Folders.
* Install Folders short cuts on Home screen.
* Supports Both List View as well Grid View and configuration from Settings.
* List Installed Applications
* Back Up Applications(.apk) in the SD Card.
* Cloud Storage Support – Google Drive and Dropbox
* Explore and manage system files and folders. Full root access for copy, delete, move and rename.
* Root Explorer requires Rooted Phone. This feature will not root your phone/tablet. If you do not have root access, then this feature is useless.
File Manager (File transfer)
Fully Featured File Management Tool!
Developed by the Clean Master team
Highlights of File Manager
☆ Fully featured:Cut, copy, paste, delete, compress, decompress, search and more.
☆ Cloud support:Switch between local and cloud files – supports Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, SkyDrive and more.
☆ Wi-Fi File transfer:Use your PC to wirelessly edit your mobile files using FTP.
☆ Super convenient:View files by type (image, audio, video, recent, download etc.), use a widget to access folders in one tap from the homescreen.
☆ Multiple protocols: Supports file transfers using FTP, FTPS, SFTP, WebDAV and LAN/SMB, stream media from LAN/SMB/FTP/WebDAV/Cloud without downloading.
English, Arabic, Czech, German, Greek, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Bahasa Indonesian, Hebrew, Finnish, Hindi, Croatian and Serbian
Solid Explorer File Manager
Looking for a good file explorer with a sleek, modern look and many features? Good to see you here!
Solid Explorer is the best looking file and cloud manager with two independent panels, which brings to you a new file browsing experience.
– Material Design!
– Two independent panels serving as file browsers
– Rich customization options: icons sets, color schemes, themes
– Drag and Drop inside and between panels
– FTP, SFTP, WebDav, SMB/CIFS clients
– Ability to read and extract ZIP, 7ZIP, RAR and TAR archives, even encrypted
– Ability to create password protected ZIP and 7ZIP archives
– Cloud file manager: Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, Sugarsync, Copy, Mediafire, Owncloud, Yandex
– Root access makes Solid Explorer a fully functional root explorer
– Extensibility: more features in separate plugins available in Google Play
– Indexed search finds your files in a couple of seconds
– Detailed file information with storage usage statistics
– Batch rename: change names of multiple files at once using regular expressions and variables
– Useful tools: hiding unwanted folders, FTP Server (plugin), bookmarks, Chromecast support, media browser
These are the best SD Card Manager for android phone that is available in the market. You can get additional benefits or features if you buy the premium version of some of these apps.
If you liked this post, keep in touch with us by either liking our facebook page downloading our android app joining our whatsapp group or subscribing to our email newsletter for instant cool updates delivered right to your inbox.